Dear Carillon at Belleview Station Community,
As many of you may have heard, the entire state of Colorado is now considered a high transmission area for COVID-19. For this reason, The Colorado State Department of Health and Environment (CDPHE) has modified the mitigation guidance for all residential care facilities including assisted living and memory care once again. The purpose of this letter is to inform you of those changes that will affect you and your family.
- All visitors, regardless of vaccination status, must keep their facemasks on at all times while in the community. Unfortunately, this means that visitors may not eat with their loved one as this requires removal of their mask. We realize this comes at a difficult time when families have asked to come to the Carillon to enjoy a holiday meal, however, visitors may not remove their masks even for meals.
- No food or drink will be served at group activities, happy hours, or other events.
- Unvaccinated visitors no longer need to schedule visits.
- Unvaccinated visitors may not participate in group activities.
- All associates, residents and visitors should socially distance whenever possible. If both the resident and the visitor are vaccinated, they may have physical contact.
- We will no longer be asking visitors for proof of vaccination unless they desire to participate in group activities.
- We will continue to ask for documentation of vaccination for other providers who will be working with residents.
- All associates and visitors will continue to be screened at the front desk including taking temperatures and asked not to visit if they have had a recent exposure or are having any symptoms for COVID-19.
- Caregivers will be monitoring Assisted Living/Memory care residents daily for fever and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please notify an associate right away if you have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, malaise, sore throat, cough, congestion, nausea and vomiting, or diarrhea.
- Please continue to wash and sanitize your hands frequently throughout the day.
Residents may visit with families and friends outside of the community as always. Please be mindful of the high transmission rates in Colorado as you do. This means avoiding large crowds, masking when in groups, generally limiting your contact with others, using good handwashing, and physically distancing.
We strongly encourage all family members and friends to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Vaccines are highly effective in preventing the spread of this infection that continues to cause deaths. They have also been found to be very safe. Vaccinations are readily available at most pharmacies. If you would like assistance in arranging for a vaccination, we are happy to help you.
We will continue to stay in close communication with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and specialists at Denver County and to follow their direction and protocols. We will notify you as any changes are made. Please understand that our license to operate is dependent on following these guidelines.
If you have any further questions, please reach out to Carillon at Belleview Station’s Executive Director, Beth Williams, at (720) 440-8200.
Tom Finley and Susie Finley, Founders and Principals